- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
This program is designed to be used in conjunction with your annual practical Basic Life Support competency and uses the current Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines as a basis for the content. By completing this program, participants will strengthen and refresh current knowledge of resuscitation methods and procedures including; Elements and Processes of Resuscitation, Resuscitation of Infants and Children, Resuscitation of patients with a stoma and the use of a semiautomatic external defibrillator (SAED).
This Program should be used as an adjunct to your organisation’s policies and procedures for BLS testing. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO REPLACE A PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Apply the Australian Resuscitation Council Basic Life Support Policy to practice.
- Apply the acronym D.R.A.B.C.D to the Basic Life Support process
- Identify ‘No Signs of Life’.
- Identify Basic Life Support considerations when resuscitating individuals with additional needs including pregnant women, children, neonates and persons with a trachostomy/stoma insitu.
- Discuss the importance of early defibrillation.
This fun interactive nurse education program is suitable for any health professional who requires their CPD (continuing professional development).