- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
How healthcare staff respond in the event of an emergency until arrival of professional assistance will, in all cases, influence the outcome. The first few minutes are vital and, it is therefore important that staff respond immediately and correctly, without endangering their own safety.
This program is guided by the Australian Standard AS 4083-2010 Planning for emergencies – Healthcare facilities and reviews the seven emergency codes. The program is designed to heighten your awareness of, and readiness for, various emergency situations.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the need and relevance of emergency procedure training and preparedness for all staff.
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of the Emergency Control Organisation members.
- State the seven emergency codes and the corresponding colour.
- Identify appropriate actions in response to each emergency code.
- Name the types of emergency equipment commonly found in health facilities.
- Locate emergency equipment.
- Indicate appropriate actions in a desktop emergency activity.
This fun interactive online education program is suitable for enrolled nurses and registered nurses who require their CPD (continuing professional development).