- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
Most health care, and residential care workers are involved in food handling, although many of us are not actually involved in the preparation. As we supply and supervise meals to the people in our care, and sometimes even feed them, it is important for all of us to know the basics. Then, we can help prevent, identify and treat complications that may arise from poor food handling practices, as often, our patients and clients are particularly vulnerable.
This program allows food handlers to be compliant with the legal requirements around food handling, related to health and hygiene, and is relevant to all levels of care staff.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define food handlers and their legal responsibilities
- Describe ways food can become contaminated and potentially unsafe
- Describe common causes, and signs and symptoms of food poisoning
- Explain the maintenance of good personal hygiene
- Handle food correctly at every stages of preparation
- Explain the processes for food deliveries, storing, displaying and transporting food
- Explain cleaning food preparation surfaces and equipment.
This fun interactive online education program is suitable for any health professional who requires their CPD (continuing professional development).