- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
This IV Cannulation program is designed to theoretically prepare the nurse prior to performing the practical skill of Intravenous Cannulation of the adult client. The intent of the program is to provide the experienced nurse with a comprehensive theoretical review of the Intravenous Cannulation procedure and the associated issues.
The program is designed to be used as the theoretical component for maintenance of competence in Intravenous Cannulation, or is also suitable as a pre-learning package for the new practitioner to undertake prior to a practical tutorial.
At the completion of this IV Cannulation program, participants will be able to:
- Identify pertinent medico-legal and professional responsibilities related to the practice of intravenous cannulation.
- Locate and name potential intravenous cannulation sites.
- Select appropriate intravenous cannulation equipment to suit a range of conditions.
- Apply appropriate techniques when practicing intravenous cannulation on a demonstration arm.
- Relate complications to their causative factors.
- Identify strategies to minimise complications.
This fun interactive online nurse education program is suitable for enrolled nurses and registered nurses who require their CPD (continuing professional development).
- "I liked how in the IV program the assessment questions were after each section of study"
- "Being able to complete the course at home. Having the time to read the material at my own pace."
- "The program was very well set out"
- “It was visually appealing, and terms were explained in a manner that was easy to understand.”
- "It was extremely User Friendly and very relevant"
- "I loved the ability to work at your own pace."
- "Simple straight forward layout"