- 2 CPD Hours
- Estimated Completion Time: 2 Hours
- Certificate: Printable PDF on completion
- Approved Training for CPD Hours
Sexuality is an important part of life; wherever we live and whatever age we may be. Our lifestyle and choices, sexual attitudes and beliefs, are just as important to the older person or the person with disabilities as they are to the rest of the population.
An increasingly active older generation has led to an inevitable rethink of how we have traditionally delivered health care to the aged. An important aspect of this is to consider how we meet the older person’s need to express their sexuality and effectively respond to changing societal expectation. This program considers the importance of sexuality across the lifespan with a particular focus on understanding sexuality in the older person.
At the completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Encourage healthcare workers to reflect on their own attitudes and those of colleagues towards sexuality in the aged.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of sexual expression to enhance an older person’s health and sense of wellbeing.
- Promote discussion about an older person’s sexuality as a routine part of life.
- Promote staff awareness and recognition of coercive or unsafe sexual behaviour.
- Present a model of what constitutes best practice in managing sexuality in an aged care or residential care setting.
This fun interactive online education program is suitable for any health professional who requires their CPD (continuing professional development).